Sign in to follow this  
iconoclastdx

A3 suddenly stopped taking Track IR input. The inputs are greyed out.

I know Track IR isn't exactly common but I use it heavily and find that I A3 is no longer has Track IR inputs available for binding. Help would be great.

More than likely the Track IR "controller" in A3 has been disabled. Haven't had it happen in A3 yet but I used to get a bit of that here and there in A2. Go into "Options" >> "Controls" >> then at the top is a "Controller" tab. Click it, and you'll see any control peripherals you may have, including Track IR. It will probably be greyed out like the inputs. Select it, click Enable and you should be back in business.

If you've already tried the above then I'm out of ideas I'm afraid :)

Other than it getting disabled in the settings, have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in for the game to recognize it again?

Try updating drivers/software

Reboot your computer.

Verify game cache

Create a new profile in Arma 3, it will set everything to default for that profile, then try to enable track ir.

If I don't activate the TrackIR s/w prior to launching Arma 3 the option to bind it to a key assignment is greyed out and TrackIR doesn't appear under the controller page.

You've likely already thought of this but mention it in case you haven't got it sorted.

I use TrackIR 5 with the latest s/w (5.2.2 Final - Feb 7, 2013)

Good Luck