Sign in to follow this  
StroggCmd

Character Examples Archive Q

I downloaded the character examples from the wiki, but the body example provided seems to be headless. Are modellers expected to model their own heads, or are the heads separate models not provided in the examples? Though most of my expertise lies in non-organic modelling, I had been hoping to do some sculpting with the existing faces.

Edited by StroggCmd

Like backpacks, NV goggles, weapons, vests etc., heads are loaded as separate models onto the main character body via the proxy positions (the large triangles you'll see in the example model). The head model loads onto the proxy called 'bysta'.

However, if you need a head to model certain items around (helmet straps, glasses etc.) I uploaded a dummy model of the head that was in the .fbx versions of the Arma 3 character model:

Arma 3 character head

Ah okay, thanks! If I understand your post correctly, it was just the .p3d files that lacked the head, and since it was part of the other provided files it can be considered covered by the arma 3 modding licence? Even though it's pretty much just the mesh it will be very helpful in modelling head gear and other things. Again thanks a lot! =]