Sign in to follow this  
epicface11

Inventory How to / Car shop?

How would I make a inventory like the one used in City Life 2 and Chernarus Life, I am pretty sure it is dialog but I have no idea on how to start. I would also like to know how I could create a car shop/gun shop with custom weapons.

If you could provide examples that would be amazing.

Inventory: Store the units items in an array and build a fancy GUI that displays it :). Nothing magic.

Shop: Store the objects and prices availiable in an array that displays in a fancy GUI when the shop is opened. Add a "buy" button to the GUI that calls a function to reduce the players money by the items price and spawns/adds the object to the player.

Pretty straight forward though if you just want the basics. But you should start with small steps as a beginner and not something like city life 2 in mind. You should write small independant functions/missions/scripts first to get used to sqf.

Inventory: Store the units items in an array and build a fancy GUI that displays it :). Nothing magic.

Shop: Store the objects and prices availiable in an array that displays in a fancy GUI when the shop is opened. Add a "buy" button to the GUI that calls a function to reduce the players money by the items price and spawns/adds the object to the player.

Pretty straight forward though if you just want the basics. But you should start with small steps as a beginner and not something like city life 2 in mind. You should write small independant functions/missions/scripts first to get used to sqf.

Thanks for the response man!