Sign in to follow this  
joseph

Download through Steam?

Can I download Arma 3 mods, missions, etc. directly through Steam? If not, will this become an option in the future, cause it would make it easier. Sgt. Joseph

If not, will this become an option in the future, cause it would make it easier. Sgt. Joseph

It's easy anyway. Most modders release their work in the require folder structure these days. The only thing the end user has to do is add the folder and a little line of code in the games launch properties. After that it's much easier when using launchers such as alpinestars.

This one click business is turning everyone into lazy no brain zombies.

Damn, you beat me to it :p

IMO, i don't care about steam browsers or steam as a DRM, i'm mostly pro-steam, but when it comes to Steam workshop, hell no, under the steam-works agreement:

- Anyone can upload your content as their own without consequences unlike here/Armaholic;

- Upload content that uses other games data, even if excluded by the source games EULA, unless the company specifically asks for it to be removed;

- Upload your and other uses content as a part of a users 'collection' (see the Skyrim section for an example of this...);

Ultimately you have no control over the content once it's uploaded and finally, the content becomes licensed to Valve as soon as your upload it, meaning they can redistribute, reuse, edit and re-release however they like and you can't say anything about it, pay royalty's for your work, nor do they have to inform you of this.

Edited by Scarecrow398