Sign in to follow this  
Bahger

Can someone help me convert my mission to work on a dedi?

This morning I discovered that the scripting of my mission -- which works fine in SP and hosted COOP -- does not enable certain functions when it is played on a dedicated server. I'm hoping that if I describe the problems clearly enough, it might not be too much of a PITA for someone to either adjust the code or advise me how to.

As you can see from the download link here, I've used some great scripting tools. It appears that Kylania's process for bringing the hostage under the Group leader's command using "rescuePOWs.sqf" (see download link for mission below) does work with a dedi. I think the little script I used to randomise certain unit start positions also works. We determined that the following aspects do not work:

- The trigger that summons the extraction helo did not work (it uses player's proximity to the POW):

player knowsAbout p1 > 0 && player distance  p1 < 5

- The POW's init loadout data did not work, as he appeared fully clothed even though I put him in his skivvies in the unit's init file by removing all uniforms and equipment.

- The ability to get the AI to use their laser optics by putting them in combat mode did not work even though they have the correct loadout and it works in SP. The command I used in the units' init files was:

(units group player) enableIRLasers true

I'd like to make more missions for enthusiasts to play on dedis so it would be really helpful if someone could assist me in learning how to adjust mission design for dedicated servers. Could someone take a look at the attached files (I hope I am making this very easy) and advise? Thank you!

Here is a link to the mission with the scripting links I used.

Here is the discussion page on the BI forums.

Here is a download link for the .sqm and sqf. files for the mission. All the other scripting and adjustments are in the units' init fields and trigger fields.

As soon as you guys can help me, I will re-publish the mission with changes made (as long as dedi adjustments do not mess with non-dedi MP functionality).

Thank you very much.