Sign in to follow this  
preetu

Resistance takes 10min to start....

I have this strange problem. When I try to start Resistance, it takes about 10-15 minutes to run. My hard-drive runs whole time like crazy and I guess that it makes swap-file. Before OFP took only few seconds to run, but now it is nonplayable for this strange swap-thing...

I had before 512mb ram, but when I bought a new machine with DDR RAM I only have 256MB for now.

I have run several times OFP-Preferences -> autodetect, but it won't do any good.

My machine:

Athlon XP 2100+

256 266MHz DDR RAM

Geforce 3

Where is the problem??

it seems very unusual....maybe increase in ram? I heard many ppl here say that 256 is not enough.

also, is your HDD have enough space? maybe your system is trying to draw more resources out due to lack of it.

just my guess

Well that's my guess too. I just can't believe that 256 is too little memory. I have 30GB free space in my hard drive, so it can't be there.

If you follow the link in the

Recommended Resistance tuning suggestions

Post at the top of this forum, it tells you how to fix the slow start up problem. Think a few people have had this and this seems to fix the majority of the ones with a slow start up.

i got 256 meg RAM too and i got the same pb one time:

Dont use the autodetected textures set (it ll give u 1024 text normally).....go into Flashpoint preference prog/ advanced and set all the texture to 512*512 maybe the cockpit texture to 256*256 and lower the shadow LOD to the lowest (ie 0.05, slider to the full right).

Well i m thinking to increase my RAM, but i must change OS for that, so next month with a new HDD.

The higher the terrain setting the longer it takes to load right?