Sign in to follow this  
tvig0r0us

No ammo for blue marksman!

In the latest dev version the blufor marksman has no ammo.

Not sure about the rest of the classes.

edit- Just double checked this and it seems they have the wrong ammo type for their given weapon.

Edited by tvig0r0us

More specifically, there was previously only a single 7.62 x 45 mm magazine (class name "20Rnd_762x45_mag", I don't recall the display name) used for both the EBR and the MXM... however the magazine now has the display name "7.62mm 20Rnd Mag", its caliber is listed as "7.62x51mm NATO" (I actually preferred the spacing in the caliber name) and it's listed as only used in "EBR"... and, amusingly, its mouse-over tool tip in the inventory menu identifies the EBR as an "Assault rifle"; it appears that if BI is indeed rechambering both weapons, the dev(s) either forgot to do that for the MXM or left out the corresponding MXM-exclusive magazines.

EDIT: Took a look at the dev build, they forgot to change the magazines! See below.

Edited by Chortles

Would make sense, since the model of the MXM actually uses the 6.5 caseless stanag magazines. I was hoping to see the wrong ammo type for it to get fixed, or get a corrected model to show that it´s using the 7.62 ammo.

To be clear though, I have looked into the issue (build # is v0.53.103608) and the MXM was indeed rechambered to 6.5 x 39 mm STANAG caseless while the 6.5 mm STANAG magazines were updated to mention the compatibility with the MXM -- and thus all five MX series rifle variants. Therefore, if this "rechambering" is intentional, then the issue is simply that the Marksman's loadout was not correspondingly adjusted to replace the now-EBR-only 7.62 x 51 mm twenty-round magazines with standard MX magazines.

The issue has since been reported in this ticket.

Edited by Chortles

Also with this change they need to change his default load out so that when you go to an ammo box and hit "rearm at" he grabs the correct mags. I don't know if this is the same problem.

I have to add that in this dev build, despite the rechambering and thus the magazine compatibility change, the sound suppressor compatibility was not changed to 6.5 mm NATO but remained 7.62 mm... that is a separate ticket.

I have to add that in this dev build, despite the rechambering and thus the magazine compatibility change, the sound suppressor compatibility was not changed to 6.5 mm NATO but remained 7.62 mm... that is a separate ticket.

Found ticket and voted up this morning. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next dev update.

Cheers :D

I've since added the bit about being able to use a Support box to confirm that the MXM has yet to be compatible with the Sound Suppressor (6.5 mm).

EDIT: I just checked, and as of build 0.53.103696 not only are these issues not resolved and corrected, but the "rechambering" of the EBR and its magazines to 7.62 x 51 mm NATO was merely a text change -- the magazine classname as of this build remains "20Rnd_762x45_mag". Also, with the Marksman's init, if you add the 6.5 mm MX magazines without also adding the weapon (whether by itself, by itself followed by accessories or weapon or by using the classname for the weapon/accessory combo "arifle_MXM_Hamr_point_gripod_f") then the weapon is unloaded and appears unloaded, but at the start of the reloading animation a 6.5 mm MX magazine immediately appears in the magazine well and the Marksman's left hand in the animation (which should only be loading the magazine, not removing a loaded magazine) is merely manipulating thin air. Therefore, the seemingly only way to "correct" the Marksman's loadout without an official fix seems to be:

this removeMagazines "20Rnd_762x45_mag"; 
this addMagazines ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 7]; 
this addWeapon "arifle_MXM_Hamr_point_gripod_f"; 
this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_mag"; 
this addWeapon "hgun_p07_f";

I would hope that there's a workaround that I'm not seeing so that the code could be more concise and efficient... not least because the last two lines are only there because of the (bug?) that whenever you modify the character's primary weapon in the init except for manually adding accessories, the character will default to a pistol if their default loadout includes one.

(I also noticed that when loading an empty pistol, i.e. from removing the magazine from the magazine slot and then pressing the Reload keybind, the character does the "remove magazine" portion of the animation as well instead of simply loading the magazine. As with the MXM, "reloading" the pistol after with the Reload keybind results in the magazine correctly appearing.)

Edited by Chortles