Sign in to follow this  
CptBBQ

How to create / setup OPFOR site module by script?

Hi guys,

I´ve been trying to figure this out for a while now but couldn´t find any info on the issue.

I there a way to create and configure the "OFPOR site" module during a mission and via script?

What I want to achieve is having a random amount of sites on random positions with random strength and so on. Also, the units shouldn´t be there at the mission start.

I don´t think this can be done via editor but I don´t know if it´s even possible to do it by script.

All I´ve found so far is the class name "site_opfor" and that "createUnit" should be able to create any class defined in cfgVehicles.

But how do I setup all the parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

CptBBQ

Early bump, because I´m really stuck on this issue...

Do sites work? I would create a bunch of empty sites maybe 30. Set each probability up to 30% that way only 8-12 show up and it changes each time its ran. Name all of them with the same name with a number at the end ex: nme_camp_1, nme_camp_30.. Then add a game logic to count how many are active. Once you have them in a list a lot can be done. You can get the position of each site, create triggers and spawn enemies.

I think I forgot to mention something important. The module provides an option called 'observation post' (or similar) which causes the units to take positions in military buildings.

That´s the part I´m interested in. I totally forgot there are quite a few other options to that module...

So basically I´m looking for a flexible and performance friendly way to garrison opfor units in buildings. I guess there are mods that can do this but I was hoping to accomplish it with vanilla content only.