Sign in to follow this  
herpyderpy987

Multiplayer screen lag

Ok so this problem is getting really annoying and i spend a whole afternoon trying to fix it without success.

First of all i would like to mention that this is not caused by the hardware as the game runs perfectly when playing singleplayer or the mission editor etc... 60fps.

Now the actual problem, Once i go i clicked the Multiplayer button and get into the Multiplayer menu it laggs, and its not just little lag but really BIG lag. Like i would move the mouse and it only moves 5-10 second later. So this is the first problem Why does it lag -_-. I have found that when i change the "implementation: socket" option to "implementation:DirectPlay" the game STOPS lagging, But i cannot go on the server because it does not show up with "implementation: DirectPlay" option. So i put the "implementation: socket" option back on (the game laggs again of course) I manage to click remote and put in the server IP ( which is really difficult with the big lagg/freezes) I see the server BUT when i try to connect to it it says "connecting failed".

I have managed to join the server 2 times already, but that was pure luck. The reason why i think i was able to connect is because during these 2 times The lag stopped for like a couple of seconds ( it was smooth again) even with the "implementation: socket" option on. So when the lag stops for a few seconds and "implementation: socket" is on i am able to join, but when it laggs and i try to connect it fails.

So i am asking if anyone can find a fix for this or knows why it is doing that so i can play on the server i will be happy. I have searched the internet for hours trying to find a fix.