Sign in to follow this  
Fuby

Other than the "Galkin to ifrit" change.. what is stopping my missions?

Hi guys.. I'm lost.. I have a few small missions that worked fine before the last server update..

I can run them local as user created host and they use to run on a rental service fine..

Now first was the "Galkin to ifrit" error in mission.sqm.. I fixed that and they load into editor and will allow hosting as user.

But, when I place them on the rental server.. you press the mission name and it seems to goto another screen(loading?) for a split second then pops back to the listing of missions available.. I have had the same happen with other user missions but not all.. Wasteland works fine but the Wasteland 1.08 does the same as my missions.. .. Blitzkrieg works fine.. etc.etc..

Im thinking I messed something in init.sqf or description.ext... something the server "online" is looking for.. any suggestions or help appreciated.

here is very short init.sqf

setTerrainGrid 3.125;

setViewDistance 1500;

enableTeamSwitch true;

enableSaving [false,false];

BIS_noCoreConversations = true;

execVM "briefing.sqf";

null = "ALL" execVM "killTicker.sqf";

[] execVM "cleanup.sqf";

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];

[] Spawn {

waitUntil{!(isNil "BIS_fnc_init")};

titleText ["server message","PLAIN"];

titleFadeOut 12;

sleep 10;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5];

};

hintSilent format["server name"]

and description.ext

respawn = 3;

respawnDelay = 10;

respawnVehicleDelay = 15;

respawnDialog = 0;

#include "gear\common.hpp"

#include "gear\menu.hpp"

class Header

{

gameType = Team; //game type

minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports

maxPlayers = 16; //max # of players the mission supports

};

I also use virtualammo box script, cleanup.sqf, x_reload.sqf, vehicle.sqf and killticker.sqf..

Thanks for any help or suggestions..

Edited by Fuby

Hi guys.. I'm lost.. I have a few small missions that worked fine before the last server update..

I can run them local as user created host and they use to run on a rental service fine..

Now first was the "Galkin to ifrit" error in mission.sqm.. I fixed that and they load into editor and will allow hosting as user.

But, when I place them on the rental server.. you press the mission name and it seems to goto another screen(loading?) for a split second then pops back to the listing of missions available.. I have had the same happen with other user missions but not all.. Wasteland works fine but the Wasteland 1.08 does the same as my missions.. .. Blitzkrieg works fine.. etc.etc..

Im thinking I messed something in init.sqf or description.ext... something the server "online" is looking for.. any suggestions or help appreciated.

here is very short init.sqf

setTerrainGrid 3.125;

setViewDistance 1500;

enableTeamSwitch true;

enableSaving [false,false];

BIS_noCoreConversations = true;

execVM "briefing.sqf";

null = "ALL" execVM "killTicker.sqf";

[] execVM "cleanup.sqf";

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];

[] Spawn {

waitUntil{!(isNil "BIS_fnc_init")};

titleText ["server message","PLAIN"];

titleFadeOut 12;

sleep 10;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5];

};

hintSilent format["server name"]

and description.ext

respawn = 3;

respawnDelay = 10;

respawnVehicleDelay = 15;

respawnDialog = 0;

#include "gear\common.hpp"

#include "gear\menu.hpp"

class Header

{

gameType = Team; //game type

minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports

maxPlayers = 16; //max # of players the mission supports

};

I also use virtualammo box script, cleanup.sqf, x_reload.sqf, vehicle.sqf and killticker.sqf..

Thanks for any help or suggestions..

I had a similar issue recently - turned out to be a mod still listed in mission.sqm that had no content in the mission. Open mission.sqm in notepad++ and have a look in the AddOns section for any mods listed there that are invalid. May be the cause.