Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

How to Limit Radio Trigger Execution

As a session organizer, I have couple of radio triggers to spawn AI, change time, etc

I`d like to limit the use of these to a player named as "session_organizer" in the editor. I`m putting

if (player == session_organizer) then

{... script here

};

in the "on act" section of the trigger but script can still be called by other players using radio trigger. I also tried to put the if then statement into the script file and that also didnt work.

Any advice on this? Thanks.

PS: Reported results are from client hosted sessions, I havent tested them on dedicated but I dont think this is relevant. I expect the server/client side to have an effect on the execution number (once or multiple times depending on locality of the script).

Thanks a lot Savage ! LoyalGuard also kindly provided the same answer and suggested to use the following in the init lines for those who shouldnt use the radio:

1 setRadioMsg "NULL"; 2 setRadioMsg "NULL"; (1 is for radio alpha, 2 for bravo, etc)

NP.. did that end up working? I seem to recall having to fiddle a bit....

Also you may already know this but if you do 'live' sessions where you are spawning/changing stuff in on the fly (Dungeon-Master style :cool:) you should check out @MCC sandbox mod

Hey there Savage. Yep, we combine scripting with DM style direction as a hybrid session organization style. MCC is in my watch list but we are not using it atm. Btw 1 setRadioMsg "NULL" doesnt work well in init line so with Loyal`s recommendation, we used it in init.sqf with if (session_organizer != player) then statement to solve the issue. Now only session organizer has access to radio triggers.