Sign in to follow this  
jshmiza

Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle

I am new to creating addons in arma 2 and the first addon I intend to create is the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle. I have downloaded Oxygen 2 and the BIS editing tools. I am really confused to as how to go about starting the model. I have honestly no experience in mod creating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try to model a whole addon in O2 might be a little rough. I would suggest trying to get a student license of 3ds max from autodesk. Then you have an internet full of tutorials to rely on.

Might I also suggest to keep the EFV as a long term goal and try to model / texture / etc something simple at first. Like, first do something you can rip off in a short time to get used to the tools, like a wooden chair or a knife or some other simple prop. Doing vehicles is not easy, especially not when you're fighting the tools. I suggest this often but I don't think many people really take the advice... but trust me, 3d tools are not easy to use. For your first model, you don't want to choose something that's going to kick your ass. The complexity of vehicles balloons the more time you look at it.