Sign in to follow this  
frag

Stringtable.csv and Description.ext … am I missing something?

Hi guys,

I am currently editing a large SP mission having tons of dialogs. I noticed that when I am adding an entry to Stringtable.csv and modify the sound classes in Description.ext, I cannot Preview the mission since the engine will not pick-up my latest changes in both those files, leading to a “Entry not found†error.

The workaround is to exit the editor and come back in. I even have to restart Arma from time to time for the changes to be picked-up.

Anyone else noticed this? Am I missing something?

I think that previewing the mission from the editor should reload stringtable.csv as well as description.ext. It is quite cumbersome to create mission otherwise.

Thanks!

Does Arma 3 even use the Stringtable.csv anymore? I heard that it uses xml nowadays. That might be your issue.

Does Arma 3 even use the Stringtable.csv anymore? I heard that it uses xml nowadays. That might be your issue.

It still works. But yes I heard you can use an XML file instead. I did found any info on this yet. Anyone could point me out? Maybe I will not have to deal with that restart thing anymore.