Sign in to follow this  
bobby budnick

How to trigger a grenade airburst?

I am looking to specifically cause a grenade to airburst. I have tried to create and/or setPos another grenade or a "bomb" on or below the grenade spawn area but the grenade(s) do not detonate until they hit the ground. I imagine I could get one to burst by spawning a large object beneath it but I would like a believable script. An artillery airburst is too large and a bullet-based explosion is too weak. Has anyone gotten a grenade to airburst? Thanks.

The old method was to spawn the grenade and a weaponholder then setpos the two at the exact same position.

However I see they've changed a few things.

Weaponholder no longer seems to be present and replaced with groundweaponholder that has no effect

Also a grenade when spawned and dropped would explode on contact with the ground but now only seems to go off after a set time.

There does seem to be one object at least that can be used.

bomb = createVehicle ["ATMine_Range_Ammo",[getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,110],[], 0, "can_collide"];bomb setdamage 1

ATMine has no physics so will not fall to the ground. It's will stay where it's spawned.

for grenade you would have to spawn it much higher and allow time to set it off.

Thanks for that. The mine worked so well that I don't need to use a grenade at all. The sound of the explosion is good too.