Sign in to follow this  
Geezuz

enemy detection values/meter

Hi,

After some (unsuccessful) searching and looking around I was wondering, how would I go about showing the player which enemy unit has what information on the player? Ie. detected the player, looking for the player, investigating sound etc.

For now I'd just settle on having enemy detection numbers (however it works internally). Displaying it somehow is, obviously, the next step.

Any help appreciated. There seems to be a few things, knowsabout, the danger eventhandlers...but I am not sure where exactly to start for this? Plus that is mostly from Arma 2 I believe.

Thanks.

Put a trigger on the map activated by "radio alpha". In the trigger script area put this:

hint format["This is how much the enemy knows about the player: %1", enemy1 knowsAbout Player];

Run the map, activate the trigger with radio command.

To make the enemy knows more about the player, without seeing you, put in another trigger this: enemy1 reveal Player; enemy1 glanceAt Player;

Later you can use the developer console for such commands. Check this one too: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Edited by afp

Fantastic. I'll give that a shot tonight, thanks very much!