Sign in to follow this  
BeetleBomb

New to mission making need help

Hi all,

Now as the title says I am new to mission making but I have the little basic' (I think) in place. For eg I know how to spawn and make groups players ai and playable units and syncing players and triggers. I know how to do basic triggers as I know there can be many ways to do them. Now my request for help is this:

I want to make say a 10 objective mission but put AI in the mission to do that will make my CPU lag (have tested and only got max 4fps) now I was wondering if someone could help here my AI spawn in after a objective/task is complete or when the unit reaches a certain area. If any one could help that would be great. I have done searches but I am not sure if I used the wrong keywords or I was just being dumb but I didn't find any help in here or armaholic.

I will be more than happy to add your name to the credits if I put the mission out to the public.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi all,

Now as the title says I am new to mission making but I have the little basic' (I think) in place. For eg I know how to spawn and make groups players ai and playable units and syncing players and triggers. I know how to do basic triggers as I know there can be many ways to do them. Now my request for help is this:

I want to make say a 10 objective mission but put AI in the mission to do that will make my CPU lag (have tested and only got max 4fps) now I was wondering if someone could help here my AI spawn in after a objective/task is complete or when the unit reaches a certain area. If any one could help that would be great. I have done searches but I am not sure if I used the wrong keywords or I was just being dumb but I didn't find any help in here or armaholic.

I will be more than happy to add your name to the credits if I put the mission out to the public.

Thanking you in advance.

No need to put my name in your mission, ill just trying to help out.

I think this is what you are after, Editor based AI script by trigger

It will temporarily inactivate/remove all your placed units at mission start and save them to spawn up again from a trigger that someone enters eg. anyone from your side.

And for mission making look at this one. Youtube tutorials

Create task module tutorial, can be used like in the show but also can be used from a trigger that anyone in your group enters and will be at the task list as a mission. The triggered one will feel more dynamic but is a bit trick to manage.

Hope it's enough to help you out with your first mission.

Edited by Farran

Farren this is much appreciated ill have a look and let you know how it goes again thanks

Not want to hijack your thread but Farren, you sent the example Editor based AI script by trigger that are for Arma 2

Edited by Baltsar

Murk spawn works in our missions, look at "in the rabbit hole" A3 mssion on armaholic. Works 100% for us without any edit in the code.

That is what we have found out, have anyone else any suggestion on a working A3 made AI spawn from triggers, plz reply

Trying to solve how to use Site modules "createSite" and "dynamic spawn" to spawn from triggers but have not worked it out yet.