Sign in to follow this  
Mora2

1.75 doesn´t save new missions?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 23 2002,12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That won't make any difference. You will still then have the same problem with version conflicts.<span id='postcolor'>

Ehh? I do not understand why should we have problems with version confilics. In the folder MPMissionsCache everything will work the "old" way most of you are happy with and nothing will get overwritten in the MPMissions folders (which is what we at BIS are happy with in the new version).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ July 23 2002,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 23 2002,12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That won't make any difference. You will still then have the same problem with version conflicts.<span id='postcolor'>

Ehh? I do not understand why should we have problems with version confilics. In the folder MPMissionsCache everything will work the "old" way most of you are happy with and nothing will get overwritten in the MPMissions folders (which is what we at BIS are happy with in the new version).<span id='postcolor'>

If I understood it correctly the problem is if the server and the client have two different versions of a map (or two different maps called the same way). By using cached maps you are back at square one. The only thing that is changed is that the the official mp missions won't be overwritten. I think however that the problem applies to user made maps as well.

Or have I misunderstood the problem entirely?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 23 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By using cached maps you are back at square one. The only thing that is changed is that the the official mp missions won't be overwritten. I think however that the problem applies to user made maps as well.<span id='postcolor'>

No mission placed in MPMissions (by installation or by user) will be overwritten - no matter if it is official or custom. This is still folder where we expect users will place their custom missions.

Only missions that are autodownloaded (which is normally the only way for them to gei into MPMissionsCache folder) can be overwritten by different version.

Ok, I saw now that you said in your first post that the server did check if the version on the client was the same and if not that it would overwrite it. So there is a version check already. That's what I missed. smile.gif Condition 2) of my condition for no version conflicts was already met.

What happens if there are two different versions of a mission, one in the MPmissions dir and one in the cache dir?

I assume that the client checks if the same version (as the server) exists in MPmissions. If it does it uses it otherwise it checks the cache folder and finally if no version match has been found it overwrites the one in the cache dir.