Sign in to follow this  
gobbo

config.cpp: Object "bounciness"?

I'm currently playing around with the FxCartridge classes in an attempt to get a new approach at staying brass.

However, when I apply the simulation "thing" to them, they bounce like bouncy balls for about 10 seconds before finally settling down. The result is that rifle casings will occasionally travel well over 100m, bouncing up and down in a very unnatural looking fashion.

I've also tried "thingX", which will cause them to not get any sideways velocity at all, but drop straight to the ground from the ejection port, to simply stay there.

Neither of these is what I'm looking for, but the "thing" approach seems like what I want, except for the extreme bounciness. Is there any way to get rid of this ridiculous behaviour? I've tried different weights and different airFrictions, but neither seems to have any effect at all, which leaves me stumped.

are you making your own models or using BI models for the actual shells? (Im assuming you need 3d models) if youre making your own, I would recommend double checking your geo lod and the mass settings