Sign in to follow this  
terox

Zeus addon pack Proposal/discussion

**** Zeus addon collection ****

Zeus have hosted an addon pack collection since the early days of OFP

Historically a few other servers used our collection as well

Most server have their own custom packs, as and when they need them

I would now like to take this to the next step and try to create a commonly accepted pack

The idea behind the Zeus addon pack collection is to create an optional FOUNDATION Community wide addon pack that hopefully will be adopted by a large number of servers

• Some servers wont adopt it.
  • Some servers may adopt it and only it
  • Some servers may adopt it and have an additional pack

This pack is already in existence anyway, It's there for the taking if anyone wants to use it.

___Advantages___

Play with Six supported (W.I.P: not as a custom rep, more inline with how addon packs are hosted)

For the server admin, you wont have to administer your own addon pack, all addons will have keys and the pack will continously evolve.

Add (Addons:Zeus) to your hostname to publicise the fact you have adopted this pack

This will allow your server to be included in gamespy browser filtering

For the clients: If the addon pack is adopted for common useage, you will then have a commonly accepted addon pack that you will be able to play on a large number of servers

There would be 3 packs available

• @ZClient:
  • @ZServer:
  • @ZCommon:

Each pack would have distinctive uses

Each addon will require a working key for verifysignatures useage

@ZClient:

Download @Zclient Here

• Only signed addons would be allowed
  • All addons in this pack would be Client-side only
  • They would not create addon dependencies in missions
  • They would only enhance the players experience and not give him tactical advantages eg different views etc

There is additional content that I would like to add to this pack, however they either don't have keys or the key is broken

I may sign this with a Zclient key which may be more appropriate

@ZServer:

Download @Zserver Here

• Addon pack that is Server-side only and doesn't create any addon dependancy in missions
  • It may be possible that this pack could contain Zclient content, for example ai enhancements that do not create dependencies but would be beneficial to both the server and the client

@ZCommon:

This will be available implemented at a later date, when the alpha is more evolved

This addon pack will be required by both the server and the client as missions may use classnames defined in these addons

Historically, @Zcommon has only ever contained islands and their supporting dependants

Units, vehicles and weapons are not normally included, this allows for easy integration for major mods such as ACE etc

Due to the early stages of the AlphA development, a @Zcommon is not yet available

The packs will be hosted on six (W.I.P) but for now they are available directly as .zip

I have a small group or trusted core members who would decide the content based on various quality requirements

Input would also be welcomed and cooperation between server communities could help to create a more robust package

Edited by Terox