Sign in to follow this  
Kreeping_Death

Respawn Issue!

Hey guys,

recently I was trying to make a respawn point in my mission. I created at init.sqf and the description.ext files under <Profilename> / missions / <mission name here> ; I think I created the marker for 'respawn_west" first how ever. Anyway, after that's all done. I decide to test it, so I export it out to Multiplayer via the Editor and launch a lan server. Start the game, run over and get my self killed and the respawn doesn't work! I don't know why, I'm trying to get the respawn to act like it does in Escape from Stratis where you respawn with the group rather than respawning at base or what ever.

Here's the contents of my description.ext file;

respawn = "GROUP";

respawndelay = 15;

After exporting it didn't work, I tried to manually drag the folder holding the pbo/ext/sqf over to MPMissions like you would if you downloaded a map offline, that didn't work either. Hopefully someone can figure out what I did wrong lol =D

Thanks for your time!

I think your best option is to post your mission here so people can look at the actual files.

Never done that before lol. How would I go about doing that?

you could just upload it to mediafire or dropbox or something like that and post the link back here

Hey man,

I hate mediafire and dropbox wanted me to fork over a credit card. SO! Game front it is: http://www.gamefront.com/files/23078411/Mission_Test_1.Stratis+-+Copy.7z

Hopefully that works propperly. I zipped it with 7zip.

The spawn is at the top of the map where the player is, near the trigger and helicopter. I have 3 OPFOR there to test the respawn.

Sorry about the long wait, I had to eat breakfest :(

Hey man,

I hate mediafire and dropbox wanted me to fork over a credit card. SO! Game front it is: http://www.gamefront.com/files/23078411/Mission_Test_1.Stratis+-+Copy.7z

Hopefully that works propperly. I zipped it with 7zip.

The spawn is at the top of the map where the player is, near the trigger and helicopter. I have 3 OPFOR there to test the respawn.

Sorry about the long wait, I had to eat breakfest :(

Had a look at your mission, and I personally dont see anything wrong with your marker or description.ext. Try and change your re-spawn to BASE and see if you can re-spawn at your marker, I think since there is just 2 in your group that might have something to do with it. Do you disable AI when you start your mission?

That is the problem he has a West Respawn marker and the description.ext is set to group, change it base.

To answer Ring's question; No I haven't disabled the AI yet, I plan to play this mission with my friend. I was hoping to make the spawn like how it is in the stock mission Escape from Stratis for Co-op (If you die in that, you respawn where your squad is.) So I figured the best way to do that is by making it GROUP rather than BASE But, I could try base as a work around. Let me know if you guys have any ideas on how to make it so I can spawn with my group.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Update :

Okay so I went into the missions folder of my documents/arma3 other profiles / kreeping_death / missions / test_mission_1; then changed the description.ext file to say BASE rather than GROUP and then saved the file then went over to editor, exported it to multiplayer and it still doesn't work :(

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 15;

class Header
{
gameType = COOP;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 2;
};

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Just tested your mission on MP LAN and it works fine. I also deleted out your empty init.sqf file and added the extra info above to the description.ext file.

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 15;

class Header
{
gameType = COOP;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 2;
};

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Just tested your mission on MP LAN and it works fine. I also deleted out your empty init.sqf file and added the extra info above to the description.ext file.

Hey I was wondering if the Respawn = 3 meant only having 3 respawns? If so how do I make it unlimited respawns? Just put in BASE again?

Hey I was wondering if the Respawn = 3 meant only having 3 respawns? If so how do I make it unlimited respawns? Just put in BASE again?

"Respawn = 3" is just saying that the respawn location is set to the base. It does not limit the number of respawns you have to 3.

If you take a look at this in the "respawn" part of it. It shows the respawn types and what numbers stand for what.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Edited by Maze426

No.......3 = base, make sure you read the description.ext information.

0 or "NONE" - No respawn

1 or "BIRD" - Respawn as a seagull

2 or "INSTANT" - Respawn just where you died.

3 or "BASE" - Respawn in base.

Ah okay! Sorry, I litterally know 0 about scripting for this game lol ~ I just saw some youtube video telling me how to make a spawn point which didn't work and now I"m talking to you guys =D

You guys have been a great help =) Thanks!

Spawning like it is done on the escape from Stratis mission is a bit more complicted that a standard group respawn, with group respawn, on death you take over the unit of a living playable AI, so eventually when AI run out you run out of lives as such. On the escape from stratis mission you spawn with the group leader I believe. So you still have infinite lives so long as there is always someone alive in the group.