Sign in to follow this  
Chameleon_Silk

Skill array

the wiki states that BIS_fnc_spawngroup can use a skill aray to defiene the abilities of the unit being created.

my question is a simple one (that yes i have searched the forums over and over again for, before finally deciding to sign up to post).. is what format is the skill array...

I understand fully what it is its doing, just not the order or which is what skill level your adjusting.

if ((paramsArray select 4) == 0) then {
_skill = [(0.1 + random 0.2), (0.2 + random 0.2), (0.2 + random 0.2), (0.2 + random 0.2), (0.3 + random 0.2), (0.1 + random 0.2), (0.1 + random 0.1), (0.1 + random 0.1), (0.1 + random 0.1)];
};

ok so here you have the _skill array I'm using.

_infunits = [_position_0, _side, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "east" >> "OPF_F" >> "infantry" >> "OIA_Infteam"), [], [], _skill, [], _random] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
[_infunits, getMarkerPos "obj_0", 500] call bis_fnc_taskpatrol;

problem is how do i adjust aiming accuracy when i dont know what is what... and no one has posted what each one is besides the generic use the cfgaiskill array... which is not very helpful at all and a lazy response, the reason i say that is because if you were to assume that the first variable was aiming accuracy you'd be wrong (or at least would seem that way during my testing) so anyone able to tell me which is which value for my array so i can configure my AI right. spent hours on this last night in vain.

class CfgAiSkill {
aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.39};
aimingShake[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.5};
aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.25, 1, 0.8};
endurance[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 1};
spotDistance[] = {0, 0.85, 1, 1};
spotTime[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.7};
courage[] = {0, 0.45, 1, 1};
reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.7};
commanding[] = {0, 0.5, 1, 1};
general[] = {0, 1, 1, 1};
};

also theres only 9 parameters accepted for _skill and yet here we see a list of 10 values. Help please =D

Have you seen setskill array in the ARMA 2 commands?

Novice < 0.25

Rookie >= 0.25 and <= 0.45

Recruit > 0.45 and <= 0.65

Veteran > 0.65 and <= 0.85

Expert > 0.85

Also check this out

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?87652-A-discussion-about-cfgAISkill

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130959-CfgAISkill-what-does-it-actually-do

Edited by cobra4v320

thanks for the attempt but yes i am aware of all those options, you have to look at what i am doing though, i am using _skill to fill in the part that deals with skill levels into the BIS_fnc_spawngroup line, I am trying to adjust groups of AI to different skill levels right in the syntax.

Using CfgAIskill with everything on 0.1, the AI is most certainly not as stupid as an AI placed in editor with skill slider all the way left, infact i can't believe no one else has noticed that BIS_fnc_spawngroup is dropping in 1.0 AI by default, even with adjusting using setskill they are definetly better then the AI in the editor placed with skills all the way left... i mean am i crazy or something? or doing something wrong

_random = [4, 0.5];
_skill = [(0.01), (0.01), (0.01), (0.01), (0.01), (0.01), (0.01), (0.01),(0.01)];
_side = east;
_position_0 = getMarkerPos "e_spawn_0";

_diceroll_0 = floor(random 1);

if (_diceroll_0 == 0) then
{
_infunits = [_position_0, _side, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "east" >> "OPF_F" >> "infantry" >> "OIA_Infteam"), [], [], _skill, [], _random] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
[_infunits, getMarkerPos "obj_0", 500] call bis_fnc_taskpatrol;
};

i grabbed peices of my code to show exactly what im doing, now under what you have said 0.01 ai should be really poor like skill slider left but they are not, infact i find these settings they have less aiming shake and kill you faster, and regardless is no where near comparable to a skill slider all the way left AI that is not brought in with BIS_fnc_spawngroup.

is there anyone out there who knows how to properly use the skill array within BIS_fnc_spawngroup....

even if i add

class CfgAiSkill {
aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.39};
aimingShake[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.5};
aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.25, 1, 0.8};
endurance[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 1};
spotDistance[] = {0, 0.85, 1, 1};
spotTime[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.7};
courage[] = {0, 0.45, 1, 1};
reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.7};
commanding[] = {0, 0.5, 1, 1};
general[] = {0, 1, 1, 1};
};

on lowest values it still is not the same as an editor placed AI on low skill, like its really driving me nuts... people play my mission and complain they are aimbots... meanwhile i have people putting tickets in saying how bad the AI is, i guess they have AI stuck on low while mine is stuck on super AI.

i dunno i may have to scratch all my scripts and use editor placed units if no one can tell me what is wrong, which would have wasted i dunno like 40 hours of mission editing.