Sign in to follow this  
phobiaOS

Setting up Mission Folders: Question on Organization

Hey Guys

I recently got into downloading hundreds of missions for ARMA 2 for me and my buddies. We now have around 300 missions or more in the MPMission folder in Operation Arrowhead main folder. Now my question comes because of multiple different issues.

1) I have so many mission now in one folder that when I create a multiplayer game and go to launch a mission, it takes forever to search through this MASSIVE list for the mission I'm looking for.

2) The next issue is little more of a problem, remembering which mission requires which mods. Some require ACE, some require certain units, some certain map, etc etc. So now figuring out which mission is acceptable with the mods we have loaded.

So is there anyway I should be setting the MPmission folder up other than just hundreds of different .pbo's??????

as an inexperience server dude. No, not that I have found. I would like to be proven incorrect though :)

Everytime I download an ARMA mission, I rename them a proper format like co04_examplemission.utes to keep it nice and tidy to know which mission it is. Then I depbo it with eliteness and edit the mission.sqm with notepad++ and find the briefingname and change it to CO 04 Example Mission, then I save it and packaged them back with cpbo and throw it into my mission folder. Now I can find the proper missions easier. For ACE I would do something like ace_co04_examplemission.utes or some other people prefer co@04_ACE_examplemission.utes and for briefing name ACE CO 04 Example Mission or CO@04 ACE Example Mission. Do whatever floats your float.