Sign in to follow this  
xealot

Associate ammo with player

Hello!

I've been wondering for some time now if its possible to associate a spawned ammo such as a 40mm projectile or a grenade with a player.

In my most recent case I create a fake artillery barrage script for a pvp mission however should somebody get killed by this shower of grenades it will only list their cause of death to be null / world (because of an arma3 bug I cant seem to use anything other than hand grenades) and as a result the kill message only shows "SomePlayer was killed" instead of "SomePlayer was killed by Xealot"

Have you tried the killed event handler, to check who was the killer?

If your just creating the ammo from createVehicle tho, Im not sure how this would affect the killer parameter. And im not sure if thrown grenades return the right object, due to the splash damage. Havent tested tho.

EDIT: just realised you might want to link a unit to the crated ammo for the kill message to display that name...

if thats right sry, im no help :)

Edited by Lifted86

Yes I do use the killed event handler, It says null for the killer. (Ill double check this tomorrow.)

Basically what I want to do is to createVehicle a handgrenade and it should be "owned" by me so when it explodes any player that gets killed by it will show that I killed them

just as if I had actually thrown the grenade myself.

Does anybody even know if this is possible?