Sign in to follow this  
Pred42

Can't play ArmaX edtion that was gifted

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I got the Arma 3 supporter edition and with that I got the Arma X edition. I downloaded from Steam but when I click on the play button all it does is takes me to the program folder on my PC. There is no exe file(s) of any kind in any of the sub folders as well. Do I need to re-download or is there something I'm missing? I ran check integrity of files and it did say one file was missing and it would be re-acquired but even after re-starting steam it says the same thing.

I think you need to install and play the individual components, i.e. if you have Arma X, you can install Arma CWC, Arma 1 or Arma 2 and play those... Arma X is the bundle, it's not a separate game

The ArmA X entry in steam opens a folder containing the extras:

- Original SoundTrack in FLAC and MP3 format

- High-resolution maps of all islands

- Concept and bonus artworks etc.

The games are the ArmA, ArmA2, ArmA2OA, ArmA:CWA entries.

I think you need to install and play the individual components, i.e. if you have Arma X, you can install Arma CWC, Arma 1 or Arma 2 and play those... Arma X is the bundle, it's not a separate game

I tried that but I'm still have the problem

What he is saying, You don't play ARMA X. When you launch ARMA X It's just extra content, the bonus content of the package. When buying ARMA X (or being gifted it) It adds these individual games to your Library: ArmA, ArmA2, ArmA2OA, ArmA:CWA. You don't launch ARMA X you launch each one of those games individually from your steam library if you want to play them.