Sign in to follow this  
billz4money

triggers

Hello i have a question. I am trying to set a trigger ingame for a base and what i want it to do is If Opfor Units enter the triggers area i want the Alarm to sound but It never works the alarm will never sound why??

What settings have you set in the trigger? Hard to explain why its not working without knowing how you have set up the trigger. I'll see if i can get a sample mission done for you, though i haven't tried triggers yet, having way to much fun with the Skirmish modules and support modules myself.

ooh okay and how do u set up the skrimish modules i have played arma 2 and i did it the same way you would in Arma 2.

Heres a Test Alarm Trigger Mission for you - Simply walk towards the base and the alarm will be triggered - http://www.filedropper.com/alarmtriggerstratis

Heres a Test mission for setting up Dynamic Patrol you use the same method for each group you place on the map - http://www.filedropper.com/dpsexamplestratis

For support modules. Simply place the support Init module on the map. synchronize it to your player and any player you wish to be able to call support, then place the support module type you want - i think virtual support and planes support are not in the alpha yet despite the modules being their. Synchronize the support module with your support init and then place your chopper and/or Mortar on the map and Synchronize them to the relevant support module (the Non Virtual Version of their relevant module). Then to test preview the mission from the editor, press 0-8 and it should bring up an option for support. Any probs let me know and i'll try get another test one made up for you.

Simply extract the files to your C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\missions folder. then in the game open up the editor and loan the mission files in the editor. Any problems with the download links let me know and i'll upload them to my company site and Pm the links to you.

Also if you look in the editing thread here http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?162-ARMA-3-ALPHA-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTING - you will find some useful threads on how to use modules etc.

Your welcome.

Forgot to add, if you only want the alarm to go off when the opfor is detected by the bluefor units, then go to the trigger in the editor and change the following:

Change from Present to Detected by Bluefor;

Increase Axis A & B form 60 to 160 - Means the Alarm will go off when your detected at a greater distance and not when your just within 20 feet of the base despite the Bluefor already having detected you from 100 metres away.

Move the Opfor Group further away out of site - otherwise they will have opened fire before you have the chance to do anything. Also add a group of blue for in the base or plase a Site Base Module in the base for bluefor.

Then once the Bluefor units detect the opfor the alarm will be triggered if opfor is within the trigger axis radius.

Edited by teaboy