Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Hostage Rescue: Extreme Edition

zooloo, i just set the mission public on our dedi. there must be still something malfunction. if i create the server and each player select its appropriated team, only cops seem to spawn and then it says "Round initializing..." + does nothing anymore. help ;)

zooloo, i just set the mission public on our dedi. there must be still something malfunction. if i create the server and each player select its appropriated team, only cops seem to spawn and then it says "Round initializing..." + does nothing anymore. help ;)

Thanks for the heads-up! Mission fixed, grab the latest file!

Are the systems optional? Like the supression system? I don't like this kind of supression system, if you made it optional it would be better. BTW i did not played it yet but it looks fun and i will play when i have a better ISP. If the supression system is optional then it is great!

edit: It would be really nice if you could make a way to set up the game in the beggining that would give the options to choose what we want to use, like disable the respawn/supression system. Then it would be a perfect casual mission

Update! Redid the rounds system to work on dedicated servers! Also implemented Virtual Ammobox System by Tonic!

It is now safe to host on a dedicated server :) Tested, etc!

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Are the systems optional? Like the supression system? I don't like this kind of supression system, if you made it optional it would be better. BTW i did not played it yet but it looks fun and i will play when i have a better ISP. If the supression system is optional then it is great!

edit: It would be really nice if you could make a way to set up the game in the beggining that would give the options to choose what we want to use, like disable the respawn/supression system. Then it would be a perfect casual mission

Good idea, I will work on mission parameters on the next update!

Update! Redid the rounds system to work on dedicated servers! Also implemented Virtual Ammobox System by Tonic!

It is now safe to host on a dedicated server :) Tested, etc!

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Good idea, I will work on mission parameters on the next update!

I have some ideas on how to make this mission a lot more fun and enjoyable. Hope you take the time to consider each of my ideas:

-Weather and time should be full customizable.

-Dyslexi's paper doll menu could also be modified to be used as a better more streamlined load out selection system.

- A way to randomly switch teams in between rounds.

-Spectator system for the dead that includes not being able to communicate with the living.

-Increase in total number of players ingame as an option.

-Different locations and/or radomized scenario selection or vote selection for different hostage scenarios.

- A scenario idea would be to have a convoy were the terrorists are transporting hostages and the cops have to ambush or attack the convoy and rescue the terrorists.

-Another scenario idea would be to have the terrorists try and get the hostages to an aircraft or boat to win. The cops would have to stop them from reaching the destination.

-Way to properly breach doors.

-Slight increase in airport map size.

-Way to tie up and handcuff people. This could include duct taping their mouths so they can't speakand making them unable to move or very slow unless dragged by the terrorists. Hostages could break free if the terrorists ignore them but the process of breaking free is evident from the terrorists view and they could stop the hostage.

-An acual radio that both cops and the terrorist have which could be used for negotiations and role play.

-Have the helicopter fly in and land at the start and then take off and fly away at the end with the hostages and cops. It would fly once all hostages were aboard, cops could get on and ride while hostages were boarding.

Edited by ProGamer

this setObjectTexture [1, "yourtexture.here"];this setObjectTexture [0, "yourtexture.here"];this setObjectTexture [2, "yourtexture.here"];

I was messing around in the editor and that was used in one mission that had custom textures, and the textures worked I believe you have to call it three times due to you having three different clothing parts. Head, Chest, and Uniform

Edited by alphasbre

Thanks I will try that when I get home!

this setObjectTexture [1, "yourtexture.here"];this setObjectTexture [0, "yourtexture.here"];this setObjectTexture [2, "yourtexture.here"];

I was messing around in the editor and that was used in one mission that had custom textures, and the textures worked I believe you have to call it three times due to you having three different clothing parts. Head, Chest, and Uniform

I spawned every single infantry on Blufor with the setobjecttexture scripts and I found that I retextured the wrong unit -.-

Oh well, atleast I know it works still :P

The official Hostage Rescue: Extreme dedicated server is up!

Filter "[DODG/DS-RP] Hostage Rescue: Extreme (Official)"

policetruck.jpg

Working on a retexture for the police truck.

Also going to fix vehicle respawns for the next update.

- Next Update -

1. Able to select which loadout you want to spawn with

2. Police trucks

3. Vehicle respawns fixed

4. Cop respawn position moved

5. Altered the police vehicle lights code to change brightness if night or day so they can be seen

Edited by zooloo75

Updated! - Added the ability to choose which loadout one can use; added horns to vehicle (h key); reskinned the trucks; fixed vehicle respawns; moved cop spawn; altered police lights.

Update - Implemented a helmet cam script made by Tajin.

Mainly used for the cops. This will allow teammates to observe each other.

Can become a pretty good mod but, for now it's too easy for hostages to leave the jail area. Have you thinking to implement Tasers instead of the gun or an action which would bring hostages in Jail?

nice job & good continuation ;)

I wait impatiently the next updates

Gonzales, It's quite easy to keep them where you want, and you can smack them around with 8 on the numberpad.

You keep an eye on them, and if they run away in plain sight put them down and make an example to the remaining hostages.

By the way great mission, would love to see it in other areas of the island later on, thanks.

Your wish is going to come true! After each round the location will change! :)

Will put up the update when it is ready!

Update! Scenario system implemented!

I like the punching... Can't seem to get it to work in my mission.. What is your secret master.

I like the punching... Can't seem to get it to work in my mission.. What is your secret master.

ts.goguerrero.com:9767

Get on my Teamspeak and I can help you out :)

EDIT: Hotfix uploaded; border on the new scenario didn't leave cops enough space to exit their base.

Click here for my steam screenies

Short sleeves are Civie clothing. If you want long sleeve you have to use one of the overall skins... Until I can figure out which texture combat clothes/vest are.

Edited by bjwimer

Untitled_1.jpg

4 new camos made from scratch for the terrorists! :)

Very compressed (approx 200kb per texture).

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Update! Terrorist retextures are in! After each round the server chooses one of the four textures at random and assigns it to all the terrorists.

Edited by zooloo75

Next update - Fixed Virtual Ammobox exploit, fixed a possible bug with camo switching, randomized time each round, vehicles get repaired each round, certain buildings will have lighting (wrote a new function for this).

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Mission updated!

Edited by zooloo75

Upcoming feature - Flashbangs!

Updated! Chemlights act as flashbangs!

Players that look at the flashbang within a 15m area with be temporarily blinded.

Update!

UPDATE #13: Map size increased from 400m to 600m. Leaving the game area will prompt a warning 50m before the threshold. Melee now slightly damages people.