Sign in to follow this  
all3n

A Proper "Hunger And Thirst" Without mods?

Something similar to dayz, with objects you pick up to fill the meter? similar to the way that the bags of money in wasteland increase your money? except have the value slightly decrease over time and you need to find "bags" to keep it up or you die? basically have "ticks" that decrease the value over time and as you find "Bags" it fills it back up, and when the value reaches 0 you die. the bags need to fill it up directly when you pick it up, similar to wasteland, that way you dont need to download inventory mods to pick up the "bags" and hold them. also, ease of access. Is this possible?

This is possible to code via scripting and only using vanilla objects so that the mod would not need to add new objects. But, if you wanted these options to be available for multiple missions you will still need to create an addon/mod to ensure the scripts would run across all missions or you would have to include the scripts in every mission specifically for which you wanted to have this capability.

This is possible to code via scripting and only using vanilla objects so that the mod would not need to add new objects. But, if you wanted these options to be available for multiple missions you will still need to create an addon/mod to ensure the scripts would run across all missions or you would have to include the scripts in every mission specifically for which you wanted to have this capability.

This is exactly what I was intending, a single mission specific script, but, here's the sad part, as I have little experience, do you have any idea how I could get this noticed so that I could implement it into a mission?

do you have any idea how I could get this noticed so that I could implement it into a mission?

The best idea to get this noticed is that you post in the correct forum thread. For requests we have a sticky request thread.

- Arma 3 Addon request thread (also to be used when searching for a specific addon!)

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Forum rules