Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

Tricky Trigger - no idea where to start - want to trigger once whole group is in boat

I'd really appreciate some help on a tricky trigger I am trying to implement - I really don't know where to start.

There are four BLUFOR units - 3 in a group on the ground (with me as leader) and 1 non-playable unit driving a boat.

I have created a trigger sync'd to a waypoint. The waypoint is for the driver of the boat near the shore so he comes in to pick us up. I only want the trigger to activate once all of the group is in the boat (3 or less if some players are dead). Obviously once this occurs the waypoint will be completed and the driver will drive off to the next waypoint offshore.

It seems simple but not sure how to achieve. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

You don't need to use a trigger at all, you just need to give the boat a 'load' waypoint, and the group a 'get in' waypoint and sync the two together.

On a side note, this is basic mission editing, a lot of it is covered in the wiki and host of threads and tutorials.

Unless it has changed since ArmA2:

Give the group a name:

groupName = group LeaderUnit'sName

Then for the trigger condition:

{_x in VehicleName} count units groupName == count units groupName

Thanks guys. @Messiah - appreciate the help but that's not really what I'm looking for. The group are going to get to the load point 5 minutes before the boat and I don't want a 'get in' waypoint sitting there in empty water causing confusion as to whether the mission has bugged.

@GRS - this is exactly what I was looking for. One problem - the group all start the mission in the boat, therefore triggering at the start of the mission. Is there a command I can use so that the trigger is only able to be activated until certain criteria have been met?

Edited by sproyd

Sure:

Just make up a variable at the begining like... objcomplete = false. Then once an objective or whatever is complete and it is time to get back in the boat, change it to true.

Then change the condition I mentioned earlier to:

{_x in VehicleName} count units groupName == count units groupName && objcomplete

At the beginning, only one of the two conditions will be there, so it will not trigger. Later, it will because both will be met.

Thanks mate - I think this works (although by the time I finished the mission I was the only one left so can't tell!).