Sign in to follow this  
Funkosapien

Warning : Noob Questions

I've got it so a Helicopter lands and my Team can then disembark (did this through a bit of searching on the forums), even though it's designed as 4 player a CO-OP mission I'd like to idiot proof it and make the AI Squad Members automatically dismount when they arrive and when the Squad Members leave a 5 meter radius (gonna have a Weapon or 2 on the Chopper to enable choices (I already know how to do that)) the chopper departs, and when it gets there (out of sight) it disappears.

So very basically what I need to know is :

How to get AI to dismount when the chopper lands.

how to get the chopper to depart when the squad members leave a certain radius.

how to make something disappear when it enters a trigger.

(Btw, if someone does know of some place I can learn what the commands are that'd be cool, I've mainly been picking apart other peoples code and learning from that.)

Once I've got all this done I'm gonna post up a idiots guide on Helicopter insertion.

1) with the AI already in the chopper, give the chopper a TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint and the infantry a GET OUT waypoint. Press F5 and link them using the sync tool.

2) Will need time on this one, involved the dynamic creation of two trigger I believe.

3) creat a trigger, put on activiation 'deletevehicle choppername', and use the group command to link the trigger with the chopper so that it activates when vehicle present. This will send confused pilots plummeting to their deaths.

to delete the vehicle and crew for the 3rd part, set a waypoint after the transport unload one for where you want the helicopter to go, then in the waypoints on act put

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew heloname); deleteVehicle heloname; 

maybe set the completion radius to say 50m so it is activated easier.

you don't need a trigger for that part

Edited by clydefrog

For the chopper taking off I would think you could make a trigger that is activated when blurfor units are non present and use a time out to make it kick in after they are gone for 10 secs or so. Then just link that trigger to waypoint that makes chopper fly away.

Also check this out for new commands in arma 3 and their usage:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_3:_New_Scripting_Commands_List

What about to simply make it leave when its transport is unloaded? I decided against putting a couple weapons on the Chopper so don't need it to hang around any longer than is necessary.

(Though I spose it could be handy for other lads or other missions)

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

Wouldn't the chopper count as a BLUFOR unit? Is there any way I can omit certain units?

---------- Post added at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

The chopper deleted, but the pilots were doomed, I assume the 'crew' part isn't a adaptive variable?

s'ok I saw something about how to assign Pilots to Vehicles.

To get it to simply leave after it unloads just make another MOVE waypoint after your unload one. I believe you can omit the chopper for that trigger, cant remember how tho lol

Ya I figured that bit out, it just doesn't move straight away which i missed straight away cause I'm impatient.

Added the empty chopper and got the pilot and team on it, now I'm back to not getting it able to land ._.

You can group (F2) the squad to the trigger and then new options will apear to allow you to select 'group not present' - this should solve your chopper taking off query.

I'll test that when I'm able, but I can't even get the friggin thing to land anymore, was working, but as soon as I changed it from a spawned chopper to a empty chopper with a Pilot and assigned waypoints to that pilot (empty vehicle wouldn't accept waypoints) it won't land, even though I'm doing near the exact same thing as before.

{deleteVehicle _x} foreach thislist

in the on act field of a trigger should delete the unit inside of the trigger.