Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

Whole Group not present trigger not working

Anyone else having this issue?

I have a circular Whole Group not present trigger which doesn't appear to be working - it acting as a group leader/vehicle not present trigger.

The situation:

- 4 diver units + an empty boat.

- 1 of the diver unit is not grouped and is incargo as the driver

- The other 3 divers are grouped (player + 2 AI) and incargo as passengers

- The driver has a waypoint which he heads to, the waypoint is sync'd with a trigger that is GROUPED with the player. The trigger is activated only when Whole Group is not present. The idea being that once the driver arrives at the waypoint, he will stop as he won't complete it and the waypoint will only complete once all the divers leave the area (via swimming) and the trigger is activated.

- Currently, it works but only when the player leaves the area - I can leave the other divers in the boat or in the water and as soon as I leave the trigger zone the driver takes off.

I am by no means an expert at the editor but the game logic here seems pretty simple and I just can't workout for the life of me why it's not working as it should. Oh and the trigger bubble is bigger and incorporates the waypoint bubble. Is this a bug?

Any other mission makers experienced this? I can't get the Whole Group trigger to work correctly.

Yes it doesn't seem to work correctly when the group is not present, it only seems to work for the unit it's assigned to.

I think something like this may worl in the condition, no need to group the trigger. It should just check that units in players group are a certain distance away.

{_x distance thistrigger > 50} count  units group player == {alive _x} count units group player

Actually if you go with what you have already just try any group member not present that should work.

I think I do remember this issue coming up before somewhere.

Edited by F2k Sel

Hi F2k Sel - thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely try that. In regards to the any group member not present - that's not what I want. I'm simulating the boat driver not starting the outboard prop until all divers are safely out of the area - not just any group member of the group leader (as it currently works).

Hopefully this is a known Alpha editor bug.

What I'm saying is that any group member is working like whole group should. It only activates when the whole group has left the trigger.

What I'm saying is that any group member is working like whole group should. It only activates when the whole group has left the trigger.

OH - hah and then once BIS fix the issue it will ruin all the missions.

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Nope - for me this isn't the case - just tested it.