Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

Possible to mod the mission editor itself?

Does anyone know if it is possible to mod the mission editor? I was thinking of say, creating gui's that would do mundane tasks (like inventory filler, simpler task designer gui, etc) that would be used while in the editor, not in the game when previewing.

Is it possible to add items to the menu as is?

I think it would be very beneficial to make some tool kits that you can quickly use while designing a mission. You can do this in certain IDE's which is great.

If its not doable, maybe someone open up a ticket for request?

As far as we know the mission editor in place in the Alpha right now is just a place-holder. At least I am hoping so, because it's only a smidgen better than the previous mission editor and the 3D editor is non-existant, but I will remain hopeful.

As far as we know the mission editor in place in the Alpha right now is just a place-holder. At least I am hoping so, because it's only a smidgen better than the previous mission editor and the 3D editor is non-existant, but I will remain hopeful.

they announced that they don't release/create a 3D-Editor... because they have no time to build a good one.

Source: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/arma-3/artikel/arma_3_interview_mit_projektleiter_joris_jan_van_t_land,46950,3009968.html

This part is the interesting one:

GameStar: Wie sehen eure weiteren Pläne für den Editor aus, wird es einen 3D-Editor geben?

Joris: Nein, es wird keinen 3D-Editor geben. Selbst unsere Designer hätten ihn gerne, aber wir haben einfach nicht die Zeit, ihn ordentlich umzusetzen. Die neue Editor-Oberfläche sollte es aber leichter machen, komplexere Arbeiten zu gestalten.

In English:

GameStar: What are your future plans for the editor, do we get a 3D-Editor?

Joris: No, there will be no 3D editor. Even our designers would have liked him, but we just do not have the time to implement it properly. The new Editor-Interface should be easier to handle to do more complex work.

But if they give us a good API, the community can handle it? What you think :rolleyes:?

Edited by Bensch