Sign in to follow this  
OnyxPanda

Grass = Unplayable frames in multiplayer, how to turn off?

In single player i turn off grass and i boost to 40+ frames its great... I turn on grass even on lowest and i get 16-20 frames... It doesnt mater what graphics settings i have, on ultra i get 15-19 frames on lowest i get 18-20 frames... And for some stupid reason i cant turn grass off in muliplayer only make it lower which makes my fps go up by 1 to 19-21 fps :/

For me its unplayable on multiplayer and the showcase is really crap... I just wanna play Wasteland but i cant run it because of the grass

Help me! This grass is killing me :P

My specs:

S: Windows 8 Home Edition

DirectX:11

CPU Type Unknown, 3918 MHz

System Memory 8192 MB

Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (AMD HD 7850 DDR5 2GB)

Processor = AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.90 GHz,

Also, i tried the -CpuCount=6 and that doesnt do anything to my framerate i think and my view destance is at the lowest it can go :/ though without grass i can have it however i want pretty much, its only the grass that is the problem...

Are you sure that your desire to turn grass off doesn't have anything to do with seeing enemies better? This has been a much discussed point over the years...

I'm fairly sure this has more to do with the relatively poorly running wasteland rather then the actual grass.

Not just wasteland, any server vanilla or modded, the grass screws me, even in single player the grass screws me!

Terrain is a server-side option, otherwise you could get an unfair advantage. You will have to look for a server with it turned off, or try to get your issue fixed, since your FPS is unreasonably low for your specs.

EDIT: And wasteland seems to run like crap for most people. I dont know why, possibly badly coded.