Sign in to follow this  
Lucso

Concerns regarding ArmA III overall feel.

While the overall smoothness is better some movement speed needs tweaking. Insta grenades etc

But what i do not like is the map. Its bland and boring i certainly hope the other maps are up to the same level of detail of say chenaraus\utes and even tak. Maybe the current map feels abit cartoonish, the vehicles etc everything is clean and nothing looks weathered or used i am not sure. The modular weapons and vehicles in fact the whole 2035 concept is not for me. It feels like they are going for a mix of ArmA, Bf3 with a twist of future ghost recon.

What really scares me is the threads like take downs and requests to lower recoil. Really? bf3 knife takedowns and running across the battlefield 2k to do standing double taps with little to no recoil.

It needs some optimization also. Minus 20/30 fps and i cannot see other than the water effects anything that is stand out from A2 with which has me thinking with a decent sized map its going to struggle. Still suffering from some of the same issues of A2 cpu wise also.

A3 i have no doubt has a future. The best thing i can hope for is an A2 rearmed version. Just my opinions guys, do not bother baiting/telling me its an alpha etc.

i7 2600k @ 4.5

8gig 2100

hd 7970 ghz

830 ssd.