Sign in to follow this  
Valkyr

Transporting troops by air - transport unload problem

Hey guys, is anyone else having problems with the transport unload system in arma 3? in Arma 2 i had over a large wing of ch53's (addon chopper) landing nearly 200 marines in a staged system (i.e 4 would land, unload troops, takeoff and the next 4 would land and so on) and it took me almost 2 days to work properly without the helo's crashing etc. but the transport unload system worked perfectly for its purpose each helo knew where to land through a system of waypoints and invisible helipads at the LZ, it worked beautifully, but in Arma 3 its not working at all, im trying to land 3 "little bird" transports to 3 seperate invisible helipads, unload troops and fly away, problem is all 3 are trying to land on 1 helipad and i dont understand why, all 3 are seperate groups, as in the helo's are not grouped so "helo1" goes to "pad1", "helo2" goes to "pad2" etc on 3 seperate waypoints for the 3 different helo's, but again they are all trying to land on the same pad which quickly results in a beautifully rendered explosive death for all invloved,

Now the technical stuff

The helos are BLUFOR units not empties so pilots spawn with the chopper as intended.

The soldiers are assigned to each chopper using -this moveincargo helo1- so they spawn riding the helo's.

To land the helo's are using a basic waypoint on the helipad set as transport unload instead of move then a waypoint to fly away (which has always worked for me in Arma 2) i know there is more advanced ways to do this which i have googled but cant seem to get them to work.

So now im here hoping for help.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated.

I don't really have helpful to say, but I've noticed strange helicopter behaviour as well. I've was trying to get a littlebird to land and unload some men, it worked but only a minority of the time. Most of the time the helicopter would "freak out" on landing and just end up hovering somewhere in the vague vicinity of the invisible helipad. It would remain hovering there, despite having other waypoints that it should've been doing after the drop. Mind you, it was being shot by small arms fire at the time -- maybe this confuses the AI?

I was tempted to add more scripting to repeatedly order the chopper down to the pad, but I thought it wasn't worth the hassle...

So yes. In short, I'm not having exactly the same problem as you, but my personal experience is that chopper seem to be stupider. Hopefully something that will be limited to the Alpha. :)