Sign in to follow this  
Vickus420

Game only using 20% of CPU...

So I'm trying to make a mission and i added 60 soldiers in and the game will not use more than 20% of my CPU and I get like 15-20 fps -.- I tried adding -cpuCount=4 to launch options but it's the same thing.. can someone help me out here please

I have an I7 2700k OC to 3.8 ghz and a GTX 670 gigabyte windforce and 12GB ram

I don't get it.. does this mean there's no way for this game to use more than 25% of my CPU?

arma doesnt use hyperthreading, so the reported load is artificially low.

in singleplayer you're probably at 50 to 70% load, multiplayer will be a bit lower still but that'll probably improve over time.

What's your GPU load?

like 50%

I checked out the resource monitor, and the game is only using one core...

It's using one core at 90% or something, probably 3 others at 30%-40% too. about 50% load on quads. If your system does hyperthreading the result will look artificially low.

arma doesnt use hyperthreading, so the reported load is artificially low.

in singleplayer you're probably at 50 to 70% load, multiplayer will be a bit lower still but that'll probably improve over time.

i dont have hyperthreading, i have a true 6 core (amd phenom 2 x6 thuban) and the usage doesnt go higher than 35%, meaning it only uses 2 cores.

like ive said in another topics, yes windows shows usage between all cores but never higher than 35% on all combined, that happens because it switches the 2 cores its using at any given moment between the avaiable cores, that happens fast enough to make the unaware think that all cores are working. thats just windows doing its job and evening out the workload.

and thats proven by switching off 4 cores and getting the exact same performance with higher cpu usage.

I disabled hyper threading (AMD quad core) in the BIOS and I still get next to no CPU usage with only about 60% GPU usage.

EDIT: Whoops I just realized that was on my last CPU. I do not have HT thanks to having AMD.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar