Sign in to follow this  
fixOPFsoundsplease

Armor crew killed - Armor still working

Isn't it great to kill the meat and still have working tanks/APC's?

All Armored and even heavy cars should have the crew and passengers killed easy, but the actual Unit should be less damaged...like a good hit on a T-72 with a single LAW, the driver is killed, or a LAW fired just to the side of a BMP killing the Crew with *shrapnel* (simulated) thus leaving a working vehicle or at least a good turret.

Cars should go flat, Armor should have meat vonerable to shrapnel from anti-tank and explosive attacks...

The guys' have already made it cool, so Im just saying wouldnt it be great to make it a little _more_ ...make the meat in the armor a little _more_ exposed to internal shrapnel and such.

Think about it - less explosions = more people stay alive and can exit the Armor when its disabled (mired or trackless) thus more players will like it, because they will play longer per session, rather than just going *boom* in one anti-tank hit...

Can someone tell me that this would only be good, but not realistic? I dont think so!!! Im sure anti-tank rockets f**kup alot or dont hit the target dead-on everytime, so the crew and passengers in the APC's should have a chance to Evac the APC. After an ambush, or something.

Realism vs Quality of gameplay = Well, is it really that hard to make the APCs more prone to 'disable' then fully explode...Or should we just make all *ai* antitank soldiers retards? LOL!

that does happen already, sometimes....i have taken control of a tank that i first nearly disabled...the crew dies before the tank in some cases, specially a T80 does that if you shoot at the front of the tank where the driver sits a few times.....

Bump.

Yeah I know, it happens heaps now, but my problem is not with how it happens now, my request is that the APCs and other armor be made to disable more than blow-up.

This gives people in APCs more time in-game, and still disables the APC...Like when you shoot a Ural, for example, and the Russians get out, then at least they have a shootout, and everyone has fun...but with Armor? its like Bang...game over = boring...Tanks can suck on Carls but APCs should be changed to stop dead, then explode after a bit longer delay, fair enough if its a full AT soldier...but for RPGs and LAWs no instant explosion.

I dont know where this is going, but basically, the anti-Tank rockets should be more hole-poking than flat out exploding.

Use At4 / Carl Gustav once and and a LAW or a RPG, this should finish off the crew and clean the tank