Sign in to follow this  
Treelor

COOP 22 Operation Caged Bear

"A small NATO task force stands poised to cripple the Iranian presence on Stratis."

Armaholic Mirror

Dropbox Mirror <-- Latest and greatest (and probably broken use armaholic please)

A 22-man coop mission that plays like an objective-based domination, with a couple of nifty features, namely:

Consolidate AI to Leader: if you are a team leader, you can teleport all AI to you in the event they get stuck or separated.
Teleport to squad leader: if you are a team member, you can teleport to your leader.
Magical Teleportation Field Toilet: there is a field toilet located near the MHQ (unarmed Hunter) that will teleport you to the MHQ.

This would be the first mission I've deemed sufficient for public use, so have at it!

Credits:

Treelor: Author

Tophe: Simple Vehicle Respawn script

Tonic: Fill Ammo Box script

Dreadnought: Vehicle service script

TORTOISE_FISTFIGHTER: Invaluable feedback, great host.

Known Issues:

Script load seems heavy during the battle at Marina Agia, and respawn times for vehicles shoot up as a result.

Sometimes objectives spawn a few more enemies than they should. Am looking in to it, but not a show-stopper.

Tasks, actions do not seem to sync to jip players. I'm using the built-in tasking modules for tasks; any help would be appreciated. [Workaround; disable AI blufor]

Task information for Camp Rogain and Marina Agia could probably do with some clarification: there is a flag which one man must capture there, instead of completely sweeping the area clean.

Send feedback to treelor@gmail.com, or post it here.

Changelog:

1.0: Release

1.1: Fixed a massive derp with the Agia Marina flag. Sorry for that! Thanks to Simppak for pointing it out.

1.15: Mission now fails upon losing the prototype Ifrit, expanded upon description.ext file, helicopters at base replaced with two (more more versatile) KA-60's.

1.15a: Now using Dreadnought's vehicle service script - simply drive any vehicle to the concrete where the helicopters are parked. Also added VIP objective, and overhauled objectives and ending checks. Still subject to testing, and dropbox mirror is subject to microversioning for the next 24 hours (08 March 2013 today).

Edited by Treelor

This is a good mission we played this for hours last night. It was great that you were able to come in the room and clear up a few things and get suggestions. One more suggestion, the starting point is far from other objectives, maybe we can add a FOB at camp maxwell or at least have the ability for a mobile FOB. but overall good stuff man, keep up the good work.

This mission is a lot of fun! Would love to see more towns to attack or have objectives at...can't wait for the next release. Great job

Just updated indev link with a bunch of fixes and a new VIP objective. Hopefully this one works better than it has before ;)

Once I work out all the kinks with Operation Caged Bear, I have plans for Operation Dire Wolf in the brain begging to get out of my head and onto the screen.