Sign in to follow this  
3inar

Customizable civilian in editor add handguns?

so I have ben trying to customize my gear as a civilian in the editor but I am having quite a problem where I cant gett it to work.

I have problems with adding it into an object but my main problem is adding it to the Unit itself.

the "addHandgunItem" do not seem to work also tried some of the others with weapon in them, even tried some of the old ones. Cant gett it to work, HELP!

Thanks in advance!

Put this in your init line for the unit

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; this addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F"; this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";

I will try to explain it step by step.

removeAllWeapons this;

- Removes all weapons from the unit, pointless on a civie but im just used to having it there

this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";

- Adds a magazine to the character, you will notice i have two of these. One infront of the gun entry and one afterwards. This makes sure that the gun is loaded. If both is behind the weapon entry the gun will be unloaded

this addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F";

- Adds the weapon to the character, in this case the Rook 40 pistol

To add other weapons, you need the classnames for the weapon and magazines. You can find all these here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147502-SIX-Config-Browser-Editing-resource-ARMA-3-Alpha-available

Hope that helps, Skjold.

Thanks, finaly I am carrying a gun and a magazine. Still there is problem with the last magazine, it refuses to show up. I looked everywhere in my inventory but the last magazine just dont do anything :(

EDIT:

Oh ok so I figured out wat I was doing wrong, I had customized my characters clothes, backpack and vest as whell and these things are the basic thing that you carry stuff in so I had to add the line in after these!

I realy like this move the arma team has taken!

Edited by 3inar

I just did this:

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; this addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F"; this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";

and one mag shows up on my character. I have Civilian Man.

I just did this:

and one mag shows up on my character. I have Civilian Man.

You need some storage space on your character. For example armored vests are used to store magazines. Try this

this addVest "V_PlateCarrier1_cbr"; this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; this addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F"; this addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";

with one i meant one in the uniform and one loaded into the gun.

Well you only loaded in 2 magazines, so there is one in the uniform and one in the gun. If you want to load more magazines, add more magazines. this addmagazine ["16Rnd_9x21_Mag], 3];

I know god sake i know what i write in. Have you even read the whole thread? :S

with one i meant one in the uniform and one loaded into the gun.

I am having a hard time figuring out what you meen. But I believe you meen that you have a loaded gun 1mag. and 1mag. on your clothing?

So as my experience in civilians you can have 2 handgun magazines stored in the standard outfit and if you whant more you will have to add a vest or backpack as stated before. Tho if you whant to add more magazines you will have to copy them in after the line where you add your vest,backpack etc.

Hope it hellps!

And thanks again for the hellp I got!

Does anyone know how to make it so that when you add weapons/magazines/items to your character in the Editor so they end up in the backpack from start?

Im kinda making a mission where I arive at Stratis as a turist that just bught a house on the island so all I will start with is a Backpack and then some things in the backpack(among them a gandgun and a magazine.

Now when I test out giving myself a handgunn and a magazine I paste the line of the backpack first expecting they end up in it but all I gett when I test start the mission is a man with a drawn loaded gun.

Help!

Thanks in advance!

///3inar