Sign in to follow this  
Horner

Client crash with createDialog on local server.

So.... Every time a dialog is called with "createDialog" on a local server I'm hosting (just hosting lan so I can edit the mission), my game crashes, just to make sure, I used a different mission I knew was working on other servers, same issue. I then tried to go onto a server someone else hosted with the same mission, and it magically worked.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so if you could help me out that'd be great.

Here's the RPT, it crashes with the same error as my server did back in ArmA 2..... peculiar.

Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\MATHEW\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\Horner\mpmissions\LifeProject.Stratis\description.ext/LP_Dlg_PlayerMenu/controls/InventoryList.colorDisabled'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\MATHEW\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\Horner\mpmissions\LifeProject.Stratis\description.ext/LP_Dlg_PlayerMenu/controls/PlayerList.colorDisabled'.
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\MATHEW\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\Horner\mpmissions\LifeProject.Stratis\description.ext/LP_Dlg_PlayerMenu/controls/Amount.colorDisabled'.
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00808574
Allocator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
graphics:  D3D11
resolution:  1899x1040x32
Addons:

I find it hard to believe the missing "colorDisabled" entry is the cause.

I have had some crazy crashes when working with dialogs so it is not entirely inconceivable that a missing entry could cause a crash especially if the dialog is defined in the description.ext. The .RPT does not help a ton but it could be an inhertiance problem.

Regardless, just to clarify, where you executing createDialog from a client instance connected to your local server or from the server instance? CreatDialog is local only so if called from the server (unless SP) it could probaby behave erratically

The error related to colorDisabled is a quick fix. Whatever LP_Dlg_PlayerMenu\controls\InventoryList, etc accesses i.e Listbox, combo box, in the class of it colorDisabled[] = {};

Arma 3 requires this on specific class controls now.

Example:

class RscCombo
{	
idc = -1;
type = CT_COMBO;
style = ST_LEFT; 
colorSelect[] = {1, 1, 1, 1 };
colorSelectBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
colorScrollbar[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorBorder[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorShadow[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
soundSelect[] = { "", 0, 1 };
soundExpand[] = { "", 0, 1 };
soundCollapse[] = { "", 0, 1 };
[color=red]colorDisabled[] = {};[/color]

Oh noes, My competition knows the super quick fix now.. :16_6_8:

Edited by Tonic-_-

Still crashing even though colorDisabled is fixed. However it works when others host the server for them and myself.