Sign in to follow this  
GranolaBar

Failed Server + 2500 ping server - Nobody can't join me or I can't join the party

No problem to create a party, to play alone but i can't join any server, they have all 2500 ping and nobody can't join my server.

I have also this problem on arma 2 free.

I see many post about this problem, a man or woman could you help me ?

Cordially

I face the same Problem , tought Arma 3 comes with a new Serverbrowser but it's the same like on arma 2.

80% of the Servers are showed as "?" and if you wait some mins they turn into 25000 Pings server.

if i wait like 5 minutes i see 5-6 Servers left

I face the same Problem , tought Arma 3 comes with a new Serverbrowser but it's the same like on arma 2.

80% of the Servers are showed as "?" and if you wait some mins they turn into 25000 Pings server.

if i wait like 5 minutes i see 5-6 Servers left

The same.

Welcome My Friend.

EDIT : My operator block ICMP Port. I contact it and they unblock the port in one or two weeks.

Maybe after the problem was solved, maybe, if i have a solution under two weeks, i post a answer here.

Cordially

Edited by GranolaBar

Karspersky, in the other old version, run well, after update Kaspersky to the 2013 version, i see many server in ArmA2 with 2500 of ping, server of friend before the antivirus update see good. sorry for my english.

First of all, ICMP uses no port!

(referring to OSI Model):

ICMP is a NETWORK-PROTOCOL,

that operates in the Network Layer of the Medium-Layer and ports are NOT used until Host Layers!!!

And therefore no ISP can block a port for ICMP (lol?).

If you are using Steam and if you think you have made all proper settings,

try launching Steam as ADMINISTRATOR on the client and if you host a dedicated server also on the server.

The ICMP request gets blocked if you launch Steam as normal user (seems to occur randomly at the startup).

If this dosnt solve your problem, its definitetly some faulty setting.

Edited by Gnasher

First of all, ICMP uses no port!

After one week, my internet operator unlock ICMP (i can now open port to playing Arma 3)

That's Work :)

After one week, my internet operator unlock ICMP (i can now open port to playing Arma 3)

That's Work :)

Dude serious, your ISP is talking ****

An internet connection is simply NOT even possible without ICMP!!!

I would advice to change your ISP as soon as possible.

I would advice to change your ISP as soon as possible.

Yeah : )

In my clan, i'm the only guy who have this ISP. I think in the other country, few other ISP have the same issues with the ICMP control. My ISP block ICMP (to lock the possibility to change and save configuration of the UDP and TCP Port...) because it sat this is for a bette security....

If other man have the same problem on arma 2 free or other, maybe you can contact your ISP.

Good luck All.

My ISP block ICMP

Ok ok i get it, you just dont have any clue of networking. But believe me if ICMP dosnt work an internetconnection wont work at all.

What your ISP can do is disabling the ports needed to play, this has absolutly nothing to do with ICMP.

The ICMP-failures often occur due to wrong settings (often hardware-firewall) and have nothing to do with your ISP!!!