Sign in to follow this  
feralcircus

No delay in sound when enemy fires from a distance...

I have noticed that when an enemy is far away, he fires his weapon and the sound is immediately there with no delay.

So you hear the shot before the round reaches you, instead of the other way round.

And the delay should be longer with more distance (speed of sound) just like in ARMA 2

Really enjoying ARMA 3 by the way.... AWESOME!!! :-)

I have noticed that when an enemy is far away, he fires his weapon and the sound is immediately there with no delay.

So you hear the shot before the round reaches you, instead of the other way round.

And the delay should be longer with more distance (speed of sound) just like in ARMA 2

Noticed it as well, and the volume of the gunshot itself is way too high, makes me think that it's being fired 20m away, right behind the corner, when in fact the engagement is at 300m or more.

Current setup strikes me as far too arcadey, even reminds me of that derp game that shall not be mentioned. :/

Needs fixin'.

I also noticed that when you hit someone from a pretty good distance, sometimes you can hear them cry out in pain, even though they're well out of earshot. I kind of like this though, even if it's a little unrealistic. For gameplay purposes and satisfaction of killing enemies it's pretty nice.