Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Perfomance increase by increasing VD?

Hey guys! I underestimated what ARMA could look like by miles. I have EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING cranked up. VD, object VD, everything ultra, and finnaly 3D resolution at 200%. Looks stunning. I am OC my GTX 680 (im inexpirienced at this and running only stock cooling, so hopefully I dont F it up)

I am getting AT LEAST 30+ in most cases. I was just curious to see if someone could explain to me why I saw an obvious difference in frame rate increase when I went from 6000 to fill 1200. Any technical gurus out there? Maybe this will help others using similar cards?

Some games run better if everything I high and not like some high and some medium... just geussing though. And a tip is dont increase your resolution past 100% its COMPLETELY unnecessary and you wont see a single thing different. This should give you a much better 60fps if you run 100% rather than 200%

200% 3D resolution is good if you want brute-force SSAA going on instead of the menu options. If you are using that PLUS other AA, then yeah...pointless.

I never did understand people who claim 200% 3D resolution runs well for them. On similar hardware it's always murdered my performance.

One thing to note about VD is that, at least in ArmA 2, if you push it past a certain point it will automatically decrease your Terrain Detail. Might be something to look into.