Sign in to follow this  
Arcurus

Added Action Disappears After Respawning in Multiplayer

Searched around, but couldn't find an answer to my problem.

I'm trying to add and action to the Action Menu for a multiplayer game to check the a variable and then tell the player what it is. The action gets the variable, but after a player dies and respawns they no longer have the action on their action menu.

In my init.sqf I have the line

player addAction["Check Thirst", "Survival_Mechanics\thirstStatus.sqf", [], 1, false, false, "", ""];

And that goes to thirstStatus.sqf:

if (not((_this select 0)==player)) exitwith {};

sleep .5;
Stxt = parseText format
["<t size='1.5'><t color='#99D5FF'>Thirst is at </t><t color='#99D5FF'>%1</t><br/><br/>", thirst];
hintSilent Stxt; 

I suspect that the problem lies in with how I added the addAction command moreso than the thirstStatus file. I just don't know how to get it implemented properly.

An action pertains only to the unit to which it was added. A respawned unit is not the same as the dead one.

So how then would I go about getting it applied to any new unit created that is a player?

CheckThirstAction = player addAction["Check Thirst", "Survival_Mechanics\thirstStatus.sqf", [], 1, false, false, "", ""];

player addEventHandler ["killed",{
[] spawn {
	player removeAction CheckThirstAction;
	WaitUntil{alive player};
	CheckThirstAction = player addAction["Check Thirst", "Survival_Mechanics\thirstStatus.sqf", [], 1, false, false, "", ""];
};
}];