Sign in to follow this  
The_Captain

Turning resistance handgun into shotgun

Okay,I want to make a sidearm that's an M37 combat shotgun, used in 'Nam and aliens. Cut down, with a pistol grip and a shortened barrel, it looks like a huge pistol.

I want one of my special units to carry it instead of a handgun, what with the four clips of ammo, and still have a primary weapon. However, you can't exactly hold a shotgun as you would a pistol, so I'm wondering if there's any way that when the player pulls out his sidearm, he goes into the standard rifle stance and not the handgun stance. I can live without an animation of him cocking the shotgun, just as long as he holds it in a two handed rifle grip instead of a shotgun grip.

By the way, I don't have resistance....yet. =(

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The_Captain @ July 10 2002,06:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay,I want to make a sidearm that's an M37 combat shotgun, used in 'Nam and aliens. Cut down, with a pistol grip and a shortened barrel, it looks like a huge pistol.

I want one of my special units to carry it instead of a handgun, what with the four clips of ammo, and still have a primary weapon. However, you can't exactly hold a shotgun as you would a pistol, so I'm wondering if there's any way that when the player pulls out his sidearm, he goes into the standard rifle stance and not the handgun stance. I can live without an animation of him cocking the shotgun, just as long as he holds it in a two handed rifle grip instead of a shotgun grip.

By the way, I don't have resistance....yet.  =(

Any help appreciated! Thanks!<span id='postcolor'>

Probably not possible, at any rate even if it was the rifle animation would not work well. Did you ever see any of the pistol addons made for OFP before Resistance came out? They used the rifle animation and it just looked stupid in my opinion because the left hand was just held out in front of the pistol supporting nothing. Better I think to have your short barreled shotgun held like a pistol in Resistance. Of coarse in real life you'd have to be nuts to fire anything like that in 12 gauge in either a two handed pistol firing stance or firing it like regular shotgun. I imagine it would flip black and smack you in the face or hurt your wrist. a .410 shotgun with slugs might be more useful. But of coarse in OFP it would look cool having a shotgun like that...kinda like that sawed off double-barralled shotgun used in Mad Max II (The Road Warrior). smile.gif

I think something like that would like fine in regular pistol stance used in OFP-Resistance.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I saw a pic somewhere of someone carrying a sniper rifle, with an M16 slung on his back (like a LAW), so he could change between the two...someone has worked out how to do it, but I can't remember where i saw it...

BTW, in Resistance, can you carry a rifle, a pistol & a launcher?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 10 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, in Resistance, can you carry a rifle, a pistol & a launcher?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes you can.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Yes you can.

<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif AARRGGHH!! Why don't they release Resistance in my damn country!??

well, all I want to do is use the rifle stance. =)

Basically, the ithaca is a bit shorter than the mossberg in the other post, I just want to have it at the same time as a rifle. It wold probably work better not using the pistol at all... Anyone know how to have a rifle & a sniper at the same time?

I know the topic's been beaten to death, but....