Sign in to follow this  
opendome

Dualan Rebels Killing eachother

Hello everyon! Im having some problems with a Isla Duala MSO 4.66 im trying to make, whenever the Dualan Rebels spawn they immedialtey begin trying to kill each other and other OPFOR. I was wondering why this is and how I can fix it, I really need this faction working in my MSO as its very key. Thanks!

setFriend maybe?

Something like

Resistance setFriend [EAST, 1];
East setFriend [RESISTANCE, 1];

Assuming they are Resistance. If they are civilian there is not much you can do as it seems to be buggy especially if you use it to make the civilian side enemy to someone (as then they'll shoot empty cars, boxes etc too)

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately I tried the setFriend and it doesnt seem to be helping :(

Try to give them some score with addRating like so:

{
if (!(isPlayer _x) && ((side _x) == resistance)) then {
	_x addRating 999999;
};
} forEach allUnits;

.. or preferably in the units init! :dance1:

Thanks! Ill give it a try and see what happens. Its so weird and I dont understand it, now eve when I select Takistani insurgents and Takistani guerrillas, they start shooting each other??? Its so weird and frustrating

Do you already have a unit of that side present on the map? It is required before you start spawning things. Also, are you spawning the units into the side they belong to? Sometimes they do kill each other if you try to spawn a group that is normally OPFOR into a RES group, for example.

Try to give them some score with addRating like so:

{
	_x addRating 999999;
};
} forEach allUnits;

.. or preferably in the units init! :dance1:

Can I toss that literally directly into the units init or do I have to define X?

Can I toss that literally directly into the units init or do I have to define X?

Toss that into the init.sqf.

Do you already have a unit of that side present on the map? It is required before you start spawning things. Also, are you spawning the units into the side they belong to? Sometimes they do kill each other if you try to spawn a group that is normally OPFOR into a RES group, for example.

Yea I put their "centre units" with presence set to 0 on the map but they still shoot each other :( When you start coming up to a town youll hear a whole bunch of gun shots and see either a Molation or a rebel unit left standing surrounded by a whole bunch of dead molation/dualan rebels all over the place.

This MSO is really starting to frustrate me, its doing all these weird things that dont make any sense. Even when I try turning on just Taki Insurgents/Guerillas the guerillas turn towns blue but still show up n the map as green and engage blufor, but also gives you a negative score when you kill them. It seems like even the taki insurgents/guerrillas start shooting at the other faction for some reason which also makes no sense :( ughhhhh

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Toss that into the init.sqf.

Aw damn it didnt work :(, they are still just shooting eachother, I can literally just walk up behind them and they are more concerned with shooting each other than me

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

also I dont know if it helps but the rebels will sometimes spawn in under a blue marker than turn to red :S

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

#ifndef execNow

#define execNow call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers

#endif

titleText ["Initialising...", "BLACK"];

execNow "init-mods.sqf";

execNow "core\init.sqf";

execNow "ambience\init.sqf";

execNow "support\init.sqf";

execNow "enemy\init.sqf";

{

_x addRating 999999;

};

} forEach allUnits;

execNow "init-custom.sqf";

"Completed" call mso_core_fnc_initStat;

diag_log format["MSO-%1 Initialisation Completed", time];

titleText ["Initialisation Completed", "BLACK IN"];

execNow "core\scripts\intro.sqf";

This is what my init.sqf looks like. Do I have to group independants and OPFOR somehow?

I think you should ask in the MSO-thread, or try to go trough the code and find where the units are spawned and use addRating in their init.