Sign in to follow this  
_Mofo_

Remove Poiting Hand from showing with scroll

Hello... I know this must a be a n00b question but I cannot find the right way to phrase this question in the search on google or here on the forums to give me the right answer back.

I'm modifying a mission and I'd like to remove all information that shows up on the crosshairs when you scroll the mouse wheel. (mainly the down pointing hand) In Day Z it's called nametags but I can't find any related information for Arma only.

I've set the mission to veteran when starting the server and it rids the scroll range finding... but the hand still shows up. Any help or direction would be appreciated... thanks.

Simple solution to remove the distance/name indicator is to set the mission difficulty level to Expert. On the other hand, I think that it can be removed also on easier difficulty levels in the advanced difficulty settings (not sure though).

This can be customised in a dedicated server console when you're hosting a dedi server. Otherwise, for SP, go to Game Options - Difficulty - Edit, where you will be able to customise what you can see and what not.

Thanks guys... I understand now I believe. I'm using TA2DST to run a dedi on my own box for testing and I need to set the mission to use expert settings then manually configure the cfg file to turn on the things I still want. Got it. Thanks again!