Sign in to follow this  
wizbomb

Patching problem

Hello all,

i am having an issue with Arma 2 that no matter where i go i cant get an answer for. I have Arma 2 downloaded from D2D on patch 1.02 and i have had the game since day 1 but i recently installed a fresh copy of windows and now whenever i go to patch from 1.02 to 1.05 or 1.02 to 1.04 i am confronted with these errors [see spoiler]

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.02 to version 1.04...

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\AIR3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\ANIMALS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\BUILDINGS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\BUILDINGS2_IND_CEMENTWORKS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\CHARACTERS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\CHARACTERS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\CHERNARUS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\MISC.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\MISC2.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\MISC2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\MISC3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\PLANTS2_TREE.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\ROADS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\ROCKS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\SIGNS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\SOUNDS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\STRUCTURES.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\TRACKED.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\TRACKED2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\WEAPONS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\WHEELED.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

This seems to be a known problem in the Arma world but no matter where i go or what i do i get no where, and trsut me i have done ALOT of looking in forums everywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help

Try run as administrator and install the 1.09 patch before you can apply 1.11 patch

if that doesn't work , then try to reinstall whole arma2 and try to patch it - that should work

Edited by RobertHammer

I had exactly the same issue with my new rig 6 months ago, I installed A2 with no issues, then when trying to install OA, it would fail when trying to patch A2 with the same errors. Nothing I tried worked except installing the game only on my new rig (to get reg entry), then installing the game and patches on another PC and copied the full files across (copied entire A2 directory). After which the game would work fine and also managed to patch to 1.62 when this came out a few months ago.

This issues totally frustrated me for about 4 days while trying to find answers and get the patch to install, but as I said like you - nothing would work except what I said above... Good luck

Try run as administrator and install the 1.09 patch before you can apply 1.11 patch

if that doesn't work , then try to reinstall whole arma2 and try to patch it - that should work

That did not work at all, PBO fail right off the bat

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I had exactly the same issue with my new rig 6 months ago, I installed A2 with no issues, then when trying to install OA, it would fail when trying to patch A2 with the same errors. Nothing I tried worked except installing the game only on my new rig (to get reg entry), then installing the game and patches on another PC and copied the full files across (copied entire A2 directory). After which the game would work fine and also managed to patch to 1.62 when this came out a few months ago.

This issues totally frustrated me for about 4 days while trying to find answers and get the patch to install, but as I said like you - nothing would work except what I said above... Good luck

I dont have anthing that can transfer something that big at the time, my max is 8 gigs and its almost 9

Hmm , found old topic about it > http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94843-Cant-patch-Arma-2-Direct2Drive-version

try remove whole arma2 and reinstall the arma 2 D2D 1.02 and install 1.04 patch then 1.05 patch

actual problem is the patcher can't recognize the D2D version as digital version - it thinks that is a steam version and thats the problem

Edited by RobertHammer

Hmm , found old topic about it > http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94843-Cant-patch-Arma-2-Direct2Drive-version

try remove whole arma2 and reinstall the arma 2 D2D 1.02 and install 1.04 patch then 1.05 patch

actual problem is the patcher can't recognize the D2D version as digital version - it thinks that is a steam version and thats the problem

funny thing is i found that post and did the exact same thing and it didnt work, i guess i will give it a 2nd shot

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

i fixed it guys, i deleted my Arma 2 OA registry that i didnt know was there and it fixed the issue, thanks for the help guys