Sign in to follow this  
Graham01

Another Hinds activation problem.

Hi Folks,

Cutting a long story short.......Ive just had to do a complete system win 7 reinstall due to a virus.

Ive installed TOH and patched it with the latest cumulative patch and tried to install Hinds.

I keep getting:-

There was a problem activating TOH Hinds - Writing of licence file failed.

Ive been through the net and the forums trying to find a fix and cant.

Anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Its the download version from the BI store.

Ive even gone as far as to download it again and try to install but same thing happens.

I had no problems activating it when I first bought it!

Please dont suggest turning off antivirus/spyware/firewall. Your talking to a man whos trying to install after a bad virus.

Ive tried the 'Take_On_Helicopters-Beta_Patch-1_06_97057' that doesnt work.

Do you think the key has expired or something?

Please help.......

Thanks Graham.

Have now in desperation tried turning off UAC/Firewall/ Antivirus like BI website suggests........It dont work.....

Sent an email to the BI store support people yesterday....wating for reply/suggestions.......

In the mean time does anyone know where I can download the ground content of Hinds?

I cant get access to the majority of the misiions I have made as it says ground stuff is missing.

Is there anyone from BI that can send me the ground stuff so I can get access to my own missions while the Hinds licence writing problem is being addressed?

There is nothing more frustrating than being locked out from content you have paid for and your own work..........

Done it!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if the cause is the difference between Keyboard US and Keyboard UK but I have managed to install it.

Ive had the BI store activation key in a window open next to where you input the key many times to make sure Ive got it exactly right but it would not accept it.

If you are having the same problem try COPY & PASTE.

Copy and Paste the key in rather than inputting it manualy through the keyboard.

For some strange reason it worked for me.

If I remember right thats how I did it when I first installed it sucessfully.

Good luck.

Glad to know you managed to solve your problem. I'm reading the threads before buying the game to understand with what I'm dealing...

And it would have been good to see more support from the devs/company.