Sign in to follow this  
m1lkm8n

Satellite mask trouble

Ok so I've got my roads down and most towns in place. Now I want to see how everything looks packaged up.

I've exported the map as an image used that as my guide when creating the sat and mask layer.

For the sat mask I use photoshop the render clouds, add some noise, create a dup layer rotate it then blur and so forth till I'm satisfied then I add color( in the case green and blue for the grass then ocean).

It looks good but now I'm troubled with the road segments. For the road can I just export those segments color them grayish and use that?

Also what do I do with bridges? Currently when I'm up in a chopper some segments of the bridge will vanish while others will not.

And lastly what do you do about buildings?

Thanks you guys have been a huge help so far.

OK,

so to export roads into your sat map follow the paper trail here and it will take you through the process, and yes, you can colour them grey in photoshop or something, add a few layer effects and suchlike. for bridges, there is not much you can do, so far as I know, and for buildings, same thing, you just have to deal with them dissapearing, usually the distance fog will cover that up though, but maybe someone else knows of a few tricks?

DaringD

Yea that's pretty much what I've been doing. I just thought I was doing something wrong with the bridge segments disappearing.