Sign in to follow this  
EnigmaIT

Thermopylae assault - countdown

Quick question- how much is time "sped up" during the Thermopylae mission?

The rest of the game seems fairly close to real time (except when in time warp) but the countdown to when Shin's carrier arrives seems sped up by a factor of three or so. (Finding it too fast, in fact - I've not yet been able to take the island before the time runs out.)

I'm playing the XBox version, if that matters...

At the start of the mission, you are told that Shin's carrier has entered timewarp, this will be the reason it is going faster.

Isn't time warp simply a "global" acceleration of time across the board - since it normally affects the carrier and the factory/resource islands - since production speeds up- and (presumably) the other carrier as well.

So, in any case I guess my question is: how long do you have in "real" time to complete the Thermopylae assault, and how long 'should' each section take?

I would assume timewarp just changes your perception of time, rather than speeding time itself, and since the enemy carrier initiated timewarp, your perception of it has changed too.

I have no idea how long you have in real time to complete the mission, I only played it through one time and never had a problem with it. Remember you can switch to other friendly walruses if this helps. If you get damaged or run out of ammo just drive up close to one of them until the interact icon appears.